Set along the Columbia River just north of Portland, Vancouver, WA offers a blend of urban convenience and access to the great outdoors. As Clark County’s largest city, Vancouver contains dozens of zip codes spanning historic neighborhoods, commercial zones, and master-planned suburbs. This deep dive will explore some of Vancouver’s core residential zip codes and what makes each area distinctive.
We’ll focus on:
- 98660 – Downtown Vancouver
- 98661 – Central Vancouver
- 98682 – Northeast Vancouver
- 98665 – Northwest Vancouver
Let’s uncover the local lifestyle and real estate landscape across these key zip codes.
98660 – Historic Downtown Vancouver
The heart of the city, downtown Vancouver falls primarily within zip code 98660. This vibrant central district features:
- Heritage sites like the Clark County Museum, the Pearson Air Museum, and the historic Grant House mansion open for tours.
- Esther Short Park often hosts community events and concerts, while Officers Row offers dining and unique shops.
- The Vancouver Waterfront provides access to the Columbia River with restaurants, a pier, and walking trails.
- Housing options range from stately historic homes to stylish lofts and apartments starting around $1300/month.
98660 provides a lively urban experience with rich history.
98661 – Central Vancouver
Moving west from downtown, zip code 98661 covers central Vancouver neighborhoods perfect for families:
- Great schools and parks – Top rated elementary and middle schools plus amenities like Columbia and David Douglas parks.
- Convenient retail – Major shopping centers include Vancouver Mall and Walmart Supercenter for everyday needs.
- Established communities – Mid-century neighborhoods like Bagley Downs and Hough offer affordable single-family homes from around $300,000.
98661 provides quintessential suburban living at reasonable prices.
98682 – Northeast Vancouver
In northeast Vancouver, zip code 98682 encompasses the master-planned community of Cascade Park and surrounding neighborhoods. Highlights include:
- Abundant recreation – Set against Mount Hood views, Cascade Park offers pools, sports courts, playgrounds and over 20 miles of trails.
- Golf course living – Homes from the $400,000s surround scenic Royal Oaks Country Club’s championship course.
- Salmon Creek hub – Retail, medical centers, services and dining options abound in this convenient area around SR-500 and NE 134th Street.
98682 provides amenities and recreation framed by nature.
98665 – Northwest Vancouver
On Vancouver’s northwest edge, zip code 98665 contains neighborhoods nestled around parks and waterways. Notable features include:
- Lake Shore – Master-planned community focused around a scenic lake. Homes from the $300,000s.
- Burnt Bridge Creek Greenway – Unique urban trail following the creek through native wetlands and habitat areas.
- Craftsman flair – Neighborhoods like Hough and Hazel Dell showcase charming early 20th century homes rich with character, starting under $400,000.
So whether you seek historic charm, family-friendly suburbs or recreational living – Vancouver delivers through its diverse and distinctive zip codes. Let me know if you need any other tips for exploring this livable northwest city!