Anchored along the Pennsylvania Turnpike northwest of Philadelphia, King of Prussia offers more than just shopping. Within its sprawling boundaries, several zip codes contain vibrant neighborhoods and rich history behind the malls. This deep dive will uncover the unique story and housing landscape across King of Prussia’s core zip codes.
- 19406 – Historic Downtown King of Prussia
- 19406 – Central King of Prussia
- 19407 – Western King of Prussia
- 19408 – Eastern King of Prussia
Let’s uncover what gives each zip code its own distinct definition.
19406 – Historic Downtown King of Prussia
The heart of the community, downtown King of Prussia falls within zip code 19406. This historic hub along N. Gulph Road contains:
- King of Prussia Inn – Colonial era inn housing General Washington and offering lodging today with vintage charm and cuisine. A landmark since 1719.
- Valley Forge Casino Resort – Casino, restaurants, convention space, sports betting and entertainment set on 40+ acres. Connected to The Plaza shopping area.
- King of Prussia Volunteer Fire Company – Providing essential fire and rescue services to the community since 1920.
- Neighborhoods – Cozy streets like Wetherby Lane and Dearborn Circle offer traditional homes from the 1950s/60s with great access to the downtown area.
19406 – Central King of Prussia
Also within 19406, central King of Prussia spans out to provide a mix of housing, corporate centers, and green spaces:
- Business parks – Major complexes like Valley Forge Corporate Center and Gulph Mills Corporate Center house Fortune 500 firms and provide employment.
- Valley Forge National Historic Park – Over 3,500 acres of rolling fields, woods and monuments honoring the Revolutionary War encampment. Great for hiking, cycling and events.
- Kingwood Green – Sprawling 55+ active living community offering single homes, townhouses, and a clubhouse with amenities. Homes from the $400,000s.
- Apartments – Options like Valley Forge Towers cater to young professionals with smart home tech and fitness centers. From $1500/month.
19407 – Western King of Prussia
Heading westbound, zip code 19407 holds King of Prussia’s massive retail corridor:
- The Plaza – Indoor/outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment including stores like DSW, Uncle Julio’s, and Regal Cinemas.
- King of Prussia Mall – One of the largest malls in the U.S. with over 400 stores including luxury brands like Louis Vuitton. Anchored by department stores plus dining options.
- Valley Forge Towers – Luxury high rise condos offer urban living next to King of Prussia Mall. Units from $500,000 feature views and amenities. Rentals around $2000/month.
19408 – Eastern King of Prussia
In eastern sections, zip code 19408 provides residential neighborhoods, parks and a college campus:
- King of Prussia zip code 19408 provides residential neighborhoods, parks and a college campus:
- Valley Forge Homes – Postwar subdivision featuring updated Cape Cod and ranch style homes from the 1950s-60s starting around $300,000. Family-friendly.
- Valley Forge Military Academy – Private college prep school and military academy educating boys grades 7-12. The 82-acre campus includes dorms, classrooms, and recreation facilities.
- Fairlane Park – Charming community park offering ballfields, playgrounds, and access to the Schuylkill River Trail.
So in summary, beyond shopping, King of Prussia offers history, green spaces, great schools, employment hubs and varied housing across its prime zip codes. It provides amenities and convenience just outside the bustle of Philly. Let me know if you need any other tips for exploring King of Prussia!