Anchored in southeast North Dakota along the Red River, Fargo offers a lively mix of urban amenities and Midwestern charm. As the largest city in the state, Fargo contains several distinct zip codes and neighborhoods worth exploring. This deep dive will uncover the flavor of life across Fargo’s core zip codes.
We’ll focus on:
- 58102 – Downtown Fargo
- 58103 – Central and North Fargo
- 58104 – South Fargo
Let’s dig into what defines each area!
58102 – Historic Downtown Fargo
As Fargo’s original township, downtown still serves as the city’s cultural and economic heart. Zip code 58102 is home to:
- Fargo Theatre – Historic 1926 cinema still screening films and hosting events. Recognizable by its neon-lit marquee.
- Plains Art Museum – Showcases regional and national artists. Don’t miss the Native American art.
- Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks – Cheer for the local minor league baseball team at Newman Outdoor Field.
- Downtown Fargo Street Fair – Vibrant summer block party with food trucks, vendors, beer gardens and live music.
- Historic Roberts Street – Lined with restored Victorian, Queen Anne, and Revival style homes built in the late 1800s to early 1900s.
- Hawthorne – Family-friendly neighborhood of 20th century brick and stone homes near Island Park.
- Downtown lofts and condos – Upscale living options like Bridgeview Lofts and 301 on Broadway place you steps from the action.
Home prices range from $100,000 fixer-uppers to $400,000 fully renovated Victorians.
58103 – Central and North Fargo
Moving north from downtown, 58103 contains established neighborhoods perfect for families along with retail centers.
- Lindenwood Park – Family-friendly neighborhood featuring mature trees and parks near schools. Homes from $200,000s.
- West Acres Mall – Premier shopping, dining and entertainment including stores like Macy’s, Apple and 120+ eateries.
- Rheault Farm – Popular event venue and pumpkin patch/Christmas tree farm. Family owned for 100+ years.
- Johnson Barn Dances – Get your square dance on in this massive barn venue hosting live bands. Cash bar.
Home styles range from cozy post-war Cape Cods to sprawling modern farmhouses, starting around $250,000.
58104 – South Fargo
In southern Fargo, zip code 58104 offers vibrancy near the Minnesota border. Highlights include:
- Fargo Air Museum – See vintage aircraft and learn about aviation history. Kid-friendly facility with hands-on exhibits.
- RØKKR Maker Space – Cool nonprofit work space with crafting studios, tech shop, kitchen and more. Take a class!
- Performing Arts Venues – Catch comedy, music, shows and more at Fargo Theatre or Trollwood Performing Arts facilities.
- Neighborhoods – Carl Ben Eielson features ramblers from the 1950s-60s. Osgood offers new builds starting at $300,000s.
Homes range from mid-century ranches to condos and apartments for young professionals, starting in the $180,000s.
So in summary, Fargo offers the perfect mix of Midwest hospitality, culture, dining and community across its lively zip codes. Whether you seek downtown vibrancy or suburban neighborhood appeal, Fargo has options for every lifestyle. Come join the community! Please let me know if you need any other Fargo info.