Anchored in southeast North Dakota along the Red River, Fargo is the largest city in the state and a thriving economic and cultural hub. Within its city limits, Fargo contains over 30 distinct zip codes spanning its vibrant downtown core out to suburban neighborhoods and industrial zones. In this deep dive, we’ll unpack Fargo’s main residential zip codes to uncover the unique blend of community and convenience found in each area.
58102 – Historic Downtown Fargo
Fargo’s birthplace and still the heart of the city, downtown falls primarily within zip code 58102. Here you’ll find:
- Historic architecture – Downtown features restored buildings from the late 1800s to early 1900s, including striking Romanesque Revival style skyscrapers. Walking tours showcase Fargo’s roots.
- Broadway culture – Catch a show at the 1920s Art Deco Fargo Theatre, or one of downtown’s other performing arts venues.
- Restaurant scene – Downtown offers an eclectic range of locally-owned eateries, cafes, and breweries to please any palate. Fork & Fiddle is a perfect stop for seasonal Northern Plains cuisine.
- Neighborhoods – Cozy homes and row houses in neighborhoods like Roberts Street and Hawthorne provide walkable access to downtown. Prices range from $100,000 to $400,000.
58103 – Central and North Fargo
Moving north from downtown, 58103 contains established family neighborhoods developed from the 1950s through the 1980s, along with shopping centers. Highlights include:
- Lindenwood Park – Desirable neighborhood featuring large trees, parks, and well-maintained homes from the 1950s-60s. Expect prices around $250,000.
- West Acres Mall – Premier shopping, dining, and entertainment including big box stores, specialty shops like Zandbroz Variety, and restaurants like Granite City Food & Brewery.
- Johnson Barn Dances – Get your square dance on at this rural barn venue that hosts weekly dances with live bands. Cash bar onsite.
58104 – South Fargo
Zip code 58104 spans Fargo’s southern districts bordering neighboring Moorhead, Minnesota. Features include:
- Fargo Air Museum – See vintage planes and learn about aviation history at this family-friendly museum. Hands-on exhibits let kids sit in cockpits.
- RØKKR Maker Space – Nonprofit community workshop offering DIY crafting studios, tech shop with 3D printers, kitchen, and more. Take a class!
- Neighborhoods – Carl Ben Eielson offers modest mid-century ramblers, while new developments like Osgood provide open concept floorplans starting in the $300,000s.
- Apartments – Options like Southpointe Townhomes cater to young professionals with smart home tech and attached garages. From $1400/month.
58105 – West Fargo
West of the Red River, 58105 covers the community of West Fargo in North Dakota, connected to Fargo by bridges. Popular subdivisions include:
- Westport Beach – A lake community where residents enjoy green space, fishing and activities around the centerpiece lake and lodge. Custom homes start at $500,000.
- Sheyenne 32 – Fast-growing neighborhood off Sheyenne St featuring new homes starting in the $300,000s. Close to schools and retail.
- Eagle Run – Executive plat near Eagle Run Golf Course with estate homes starting at $750,000+. Access to walking trails and community pool.
So whether you seek downtown vibrancy or suburban comfort, Fargo offers diverse neighborhoods and amenities across its zip codes to fit your lifestyle. Feel free to reach out if you need any other help exploring Fargo area zip codes!