Nestled in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, Visalia provides a lively mix of small-town charm and agricultural prosperity. Its diverse neighborhoods span several zip codes, each with distinct vibes. This deep dive will uncover what makes each Visalia zip code unique so you can find your perfect fit.
We’ll focus on key residential zip codes:
- 93277 – Downtown Visalia and central neighborhoods
- 93291 – Northeast Visalia
- 93292 – Southeast Visalia and Four Creeks area
Let’s explore the local lifestyle and real estate in each!
93277 – Downtown Visalia
As the original Visalia zip code, 93277 includes the walkable downtown district filled with character.
Historic downtown Visalia offers a lively mix of cuisine, culture and small businesses. Highlights include:
- Fox Theatre – This 1930s art deco theatre hosts live entertainment in a beautiful setting. Don’t miss the ceiling mural!
- Visalia Rawhide – Cheer for the local minor league baseball team at cozy Recreation Ballpark in the heart of downtown.
- Gallery Row – Antique shops, boutiques, cafes and bars fill downtown streets perfect for strolling. The art galleries host First Friday exhibits and events.
- Farmers Markets – Visalia’s weekly farmers markets make picking up fresh produce easy.
Surrounding downtown, central neighborhoods offer homes with character starting around $250,000. Top picks include:
- Garden Street – Charming historic district with cottage-style bungalows on tree-lined streets.
- Vintage – Formerly Visalia’s “Millionaire’s Row,” features elegant Victorian and craftsman homes.
- Shannon Ranch – Newer neighborhood with amenities like pools, parks and a recreation center.
93277 offers walkable vintage charm.
93291 – Northeast Visalia
In northeast Visalia, 93291 includes established neighborhoods and amenities.
- Visalia Mall – Shopping, dining and entertainment options abound at this major regional mall.
- Sequoia Riverfront – Development along the St. John’s River with dining, entertainment, trails and events.
- Mill Creek Park – Large park with playgrounds, sports fields, disc golf and access to trails.
Homes range from 1950s ranches and ramblers to new builds in master-planned communities. Expect prices starting around $250,000. Top neighborhoods include:
- Noble Creek – Newer homes from the 2000s in a family-friendly setting near schools.
- Mountain View – Established properties from the 1950-60s, many with updated kitchens and baths. Close to shopping.
93291 offers suburban comfort at affordable prices.
93292 – Southeast Visalia
In southeast Visalia, 93292 contains the Four Creeks suburb and rural properties.
Four Creeks is a popular master-planned area with amenities like:
- Golf – Valley Oaks Golf Course provides an 18-hole play within the community.
- Parks – Multiple parks, trails and playgrounds throughout Four Creeks.
- Town Center – Retail hub with grocery store, restaurants, banks and services.
Homes in Four Creeks start around $350,000 for nice single family properties on spacious lots. Gated senior communities are also available.
Beyond Four Creeks, 93292 offers rural custom homes and ranches. Properties span 5-20+ acres and list around $800,000 and up.
93292 appeals to those wanting space, custom builds and recreation.
Choosing Your Visalia Zip Code
In summary, Visalia offers diverse options across its zip codes:
Downtown 93277 provides vintage charm and walkability.
Northeast 93291 contains established suburbs with amenities nearby.
Southeast 93292 offers master-planned living or rural acreage.
Visalia truly has something for everyone, from thriving culture downtown to expansive countryside on the city’s outskirts. Just pick the zip code that aligns with your lifestyle! Let me know if you need any other tips for choosing where to live in this Central Valley gem.