Known for its bustling business district and blend of urban amenities with suburban charm, Schaumburg, IL spans several zip codes that each harbor distinct neighborhoods and vibes. In this guide, we’ll tour Schaumburg one zip code at a time to uncover the unique personality of each area.
Schaumburg Zip Code Basics
Schaumburg contains three primary residential zip codes:
- 60193 – Encompasses central Schaumburg including the historic area and major business district around Woodfield Mall.
- 60194 – Covers western neighborhoods like Hoffman Estates.
- 60195 – Spans eastern Schaumburg including Roselle and Bloomingdale.
Now let’s take a deeper dive into what defines each zone!
60193 – Historic and Central Schaumburg
As the original Schaumburg zip code, 60193 contains the core of this Chicago suburb.
In the heart of 60193 you’ll find:
- Old Schaumburg – The historic 19th century village with its charming Lutheran church set among rows of small shops.
- Woodfield Mall – One of the largest shopping malls in the U.S. with over 300 stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Corporate headquarters – Major companies like Paylocity, Zurich Insurance, and Pure Romance are based here.
Surrounding neighborhoods include:
- Weathersfield – A family-oriented neighborhood built in the 1970s-80s with modest starter homes.
- Walden – Situated around Walden Park, offering ranch houses and split-levels starting around $300,000.
- Town Square – Cluster of luxury condos near Woodfield Mall and businesses. Valet parking and rooftop sundeck.
60194 – Hoffman Estates
To the west, 60194 contains areas like Hoffman Estates anchored around the Sears Centre arena.
Popular spots include:
- Sears Centre Arena – This 10,000+ seat venue hosts concerts, sports events and community programming.
- Poplar Creek Country Club – Exclusive golf community framed by an 18-hole course. Homes start around $500,000.
- Hampshire Hills – Family friendly neighborhood with homes from the $200,000s around Sunnyhill Park. Top schools nearby.
60195 – Roselle and Bloomingdale
In eastern Schaumburg, 60195 includes areas like Roselle and Bloomingdale.
- Lynfred Winery – French-inspired winery with vine-covered chateau offering tastings and event space.
- Spring Valley – Nature preserve boasting hiking trails, fishing and sledding hills.
- Stratford Place – 55+ active living community with amenities like a clubhouse, pool, and fitness center.
So in summary, Schaumburg’s zip codes open doors to a blend of old world charm, vibrant business energy, and suburban comfort! Let me know if you have any other questions about exploring the neighborhoods within this dynamic Chicago suburb.